Wednesday 16 May 2012

Hello All

This is the first blog i have done, so i'm still getting the hang of things! 


I'm your average student. I've just finished second year so i thought over this summer (although the weather is far from summery) i'd start blogging about my passion, which is cooking. 
Although i am doing a sociology degree, i have realised over the last few months that i don't want to pursue it as a career. I want to be a professional chef, in a top restaurant and hopefully one day have my own. I'm going to carry on my degree as i'm two thirds of the way through, but focus my studies on the sociology of food. Afterwards i plan on working my way through professional cookery diplomas or hopefully do an apprenticeship, but i know how hard they are to get. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.


Anyway, enough about me. I know there are so many student cookbooks out there, which are brilliant for novice cooks but personally i want to know more than how to cook an omelette. I as a fellow student know that we want cheap and quick meals, but if you share my passion for good food then occasionally you might want to cook something just that bit special. Each week i plan to post 2 recipes that i've found and tweeked from various cookbooks and on the web, one quick, easy and cheap, that anyone can do and another a bit more challenging, but will be worth the time and effort spent. 


I love takeaways and fast food. I will admit i love a kebab after a night on the town but from now on i am going to test my culinary skills each week and produce something fabulous. 




Bon Appetit,


Melon xxx 


No comments:

Post a Comment